Dernière màj : 01-01-2011
NewsletTux 2 : mailing-list (newsletter) script in PHP MySQL
Introducing NewsletTux 2
NewsletTux is a script written in PHP MySQL which makes it possible to manage several newsletters lists for a website.
It has an administration interface that enables creating newsletter profiles, managing subscribers, etc.
NewsletTux 2 client side
- Client Interface
- Subscription to 1 or more newsletters offered by the website;
- Text or HTML format
- Management of subscriptions (whenever he wants, a subscriber can subscribe to or unsubscribe from a newsletter) ;
- Erasing personal data (email, name, firstname) when there is no subscription for this user ;
- 2 interfaces avalaible : NewsletTux 1.X like or NewsletTux 2 (just an email field)
- RSS feed for newsletters
NewsletTux 2 administration side
- Configuration of the script's parameters
- General configuration
- Sending mails configuration
- Displaying preferences
- Subscribers service
- Management of subscribers (profile edition)
- Mail import via text or file
- Mail deletion is made easy
- Newsletter Service
- Write to subscribers or Staff,
- Joined parts avalaible
- Mail HTML : choose font, color, BBCode
- Mail HTML : import a template designed like your website
- Manage newsletters profiles
- Profile system groups subscribers
- RSS feed for profiles
- Subscriptions to profile in Text or HTML
- Administration tools
- Statistics tool (subscriptions, newsletters sending)
- PHP tool (version + hoster PHP config)
- MySQL tool (repair tables + export in SQL file)
- Update easily with wizard, customize with complementary modules your NewsletTux !
Describing functionnalities :
- Newsletters profiles
- A profile groups several subscribers. These subscribers choose to which profiles they want to subscribe.
- Example : a profile called "site updates", ua profile called "partners updates", and a profil called "news" : subscribers to "news" won't receive newsletters sent to "site updates" (unless they have subscribed to "site updates" too)
- A profile can be given to one or several members : they are called "writers" and can write newsletters to these profiles.
- Users permissions
- Super User : all permissions. Can create profiles, import subscribers, write newsletters and configure the script.
- Admin : Can do all except MySQL and PHP configuration (security reasons)
- Writer : is nammed by an admin or the Super USER. He is given a permission for one or more newsletter profiles, so that he wan write on these profiles.
- Subscriber : default status, no access to the administration interface.
Using NewsletTux guide
- Installing and using NewsletTux 2
- Installation with a wizard in 5 steps, automatically
- The Super User creates a newsletter profile
- He installs the form on his website... That's all !
- The archive is provided with a help document.
Pratique et sûr !
- NewsletTux 2 : easy to use, convivial
- Write newsletter with smileys and BBCode (text formatting) for HTML format
- Individual management of a subscriber
- Send joined part with emails
- Send a newsletter designed like your website tanks to the templates !
- NewsletTux 2 : Securised area !
- The admin directory (by default admin/) can be renammed whenever you want
- PHP Sessions used in administration interface
- Only the Super User can access advanced configuration (PHP, database)
- The Super User can't be edited nor downgraded
Minimal configuration required
- Configuration serveur
- Apache : .htaccess enabled
- PHP : 4.3.0. minimum (PHP5 not compulsory)
- MySQL : 3.23. Minimum (MySQL5 not compulsory) - 1 database to store tables
- 1.5 Mo free disk space on the website - and more if joined parts or templates
- Fopen( ) on distant files for updates